South Dakota Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Registry by Interstate Endorsement Application
Instructions for Interstate Endorsement Application
Read the following instructions carefully before proceeding with the online application process.
- This application process is for individuals who have never been registered as a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) in South Dakota but are registered in another state pursuant to ARSD §44:74:02:23.
- If this is the first time the individual has applied for Interstate Endorsement as a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), the individual may work in South Dakota for up to 4 months while the application is being processed pursuant to ARSD §44:74:02:03.
- Applications will expire after 4 months if all endorsement requirements are not met and the applicant will no longer be eligible to work in South Dakota as a CNA.
- There is no processing fee for the South Dakota Registry.
The applicant should:
- Complete the online application (click the blue 'Apply Online' button below).
- Print the Verification of Registration form and send it to the state registry where the applicant was originally registered as a Certified Nurse Aide.
- Print the Employment Verification form and have it completed by a current/previous employer where you work/worked as a nurse aide.
Tracking the Status of a Pending Application
- The applicant should check the application status here.
- Please allow up to 5-7 business days for the application status to be updated on the verification website.
- Once your endorsement has been processed and approved, no card will be mailed from the SD Board of Nursing. You can verify or print your registration card here;https://www.sduap.org/.
Source: ARSD 44:74:02:02, 44:74:02:03, 44:74:02:04, & 44:74:02:23.